Monday, March 26, 2007

Why a Blog?

Why a blog? After having tried many things to market myself and my services over the years, the single most successful way that I have found is word of mouth. I have built a business on referrals and taking care of the people who have placed their trust in me and my ability to help them achieve their financial goals. I have toyed with the idea of creating a Myspace.com web page for a while; however I never took the time to pursue that marketing concept. Recently I had the chance to see Ben McConnell speak on “Citizen Marketers.” http://www.creatingcustomerevangelists.com I was overwhelmed by the power of the web and how one person speaking out can create either a positive or negative image of a brand or company. With that type of power at my fingertips, I knew that I had to take action and do something. Since I tend to have random thoughts that flow through my mind, creating a blog seemed like a good way to help me put those thoughts down on paper. Giving me an opportunity to toss out the bad thoughts and build on the good ones. So here it is, coming to you at the speed of the internet. The rambling thoughts of a professional mortgage banker who is looking to create a positive buzz about the service he provides.

Personal Mission Statement

My mission is to touch the lives of all I meet in a positive way.

As your Mortgage Banker I will:

  • Help you find the right loan for you at this time for your financial goals.
  • Return your phone calls and e-mails in a timely manner.
  • Attend or have someone from my team attend your closing to ensure a smooth transaction.
  • Provide an annual review (Mortgage Fitness Checkup) of your mortgage with you to help you stay on track to achieve your dreams.

I am not promising the world, only promising to do the things that each and every one of us would like to have done for us. It seems to me that my parents beat that “Golden Rule” thing into my head as a child.

A special thanks goes out to Jack Ortbal of Concord Bank for the referral today.

By the way, if you know of anyone who can benefit from this type of service, I am never too busy for a referral from you!

No comments: