Thursday, March 22, 2007

Welcome to my world!

My name is Chris and I have the pleasure of helping people finance their homes. Doesn't that sound like the beginning of a 12 step program meeting! Seriously, I think that at times in order to do the job of a mortgage loan officer, you must have some addictive traits to your personality. After 14 years in this industry I wake up each day thinking I have seen it all only to be amazed again at the complexity of a new loan or the speed at which my industry changes. Whether it be the changes in interest rates from minute to minute as the market moves or greater changes in program guidelines which either make it easier or harder for borrowers to get money, there is always something changing in the mortgage industry. As far as the complexity of a new loan, the one true statement is that each borrower and their situation is unique. I have yet to see the exact same income, assets, credit score and loan to value for two borrowers. Everyone has a different set of circumstances and each person has financial goals that vary from others. Thus each and every day I have the opportunity to grow and stretch as I help these people achieve the "American Dream" and even more importantly, help them build their financial net worth.

If you are in the industry and would like to post your views or are simply a person who likes to talk finance, please feel free to post your comments here!

1 comment:

AGLOCO LEADER said...

Great job on your new blog! Looking forward to your future posts.

Lee
UK Home Mortgages