Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Be Kind to Everyone!

So I am in McCallister's Deli today for the first time in my life. I was there to meet a client for lunch. After we had placed our order we were walking to our table when a very nice elderly lady approached me. She was an employee there and she stopped in front of me and said "I know you, what is your name?" As I looked at her I answered her question and I could tell that she could not put the name with the face. So I asked her what her name was? As soon as she answered "Sharon Purcelli" I knew who she was and how she knew me. I commented to her that we had worked together years ago across the street at the Des Peres McDonalds. I mentioned her son John who was a few years younger than I and that I remembered her also. We had all worked there back in 1980 and 1981.
As my guest and I went to our seat he commented that I must have aged well for her to remember me. I told him I doubt that was the case and the reality of it was that I was probably just a pain in the rear back then. Not sure that much has changed over 30 years. I am definitely heavier and a little grayer, but most would agree I can still be that pain in the rear I was years ago.
As we ate our meal she came over and visited with us some more and told us what was going on in her life. I feel fortunate to know that although I was and still am somewhat rebellious I had the chance to make a lasting impression on someone that it turns out was positive.
So go out and make your lasting impressions!

No comments: