Friday, March 28, 2008

WOW

I want to first take a moment to thank all the people who have helped me with this project. Each and every one of you has inspired me and been a tremendous resource to me. So again, THANK YOU!

A little over a year ago I made the commitment to start this blog and at that time I did it for a variety of reasons, but mostly I wanted to have a way to communicate to the people who had not met me, what I stood for in business. At that time I also wanted to raise my “google” ranking and was quite embarrassed that I was on page 16 for a racquetball tournament that I didn’t even win. So I took on this challenge of writing a blog as often as I could find the time and find something that I thought was worth sharing. I am not proud of each and every post, for as I read them again I see some of the flaws of my lack of writing skills and also I find that I may have let emotions get in the way of the point of the message. None the less, I have found personal satisfaction in writing this blog. My goals have been accomplished.

I now tell people who question what I stand for to read my blog. I direct potential clients, referral sources and even people that I am interviewing to take the time to stop by and read my postings. My “google” rank as of this minute is numbers 2, 3 and 9. There is an individual who has written a book against the war and at the moment he is #1. But I have a plan and I will usurp him at the top spot with your help. But more on that later! I have developed relationships with other bloggers who have helped me learn more about how to do this. Past clients and potential clients have found me on this blog and have contacted me for loans. Lastly, other industry professionals have read this and have commented to me their thoughts on my writings. It has made this a great conversation starter and another way to build relationships.

So how do we take over the number 1 position? All you have to do is visit this site weekly. Add me to your web browser as a live bookmark and click on the bookmark every once in a while. You could subscribe to the blog and then you will notifications when there is a new post. Please take the time to ask anyone you know to stop by this web blog. All they have to do is hit the page from any page they are viewing and that is good enough. If they choose to read the material, that will make it that much better. Educating the public about the mortgage industry is never a bad thing. Especially when there is so much bad information put out by the press and the “Dark Side”.

I appreciate you taking the time to visit today and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you achieve your goals.

For questions or comments, please contact Chris Scheer at cscheer@cornerstonestl.com or 314.223.9824.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris,

Congrats on the success of your blog! I decided to do a quick search today to see how you were doing working your way up the Google ladder. Ironically, the most recent post discussed that very thing.

I am not one to post comments but after searching your name and it showing up as #1 on Google I felt compelled to let you and all your readers know.

Once again, congrats on your success.

Best,

Matt Shreves
President, Income for Life STL
www.QuitWorkSomeDay.com
www.IncomeForLifeBlog.com

Chris Scheer said...

Matt:

Thanks for noticing. I appreciate all the support you have given me over the years!

Chris